Friday, September 02, 2011

Fitness Assessment

Met with Rory Coleman at Fitness First in Derby yesterday for a Fitness Assessment and general chat re training.

After a general chat re aims & goals etc and a brief warm-up, Rory flogged me on the treadmill for 12 min up to maximum effort. After this, he calculated my VO2 Max and a predicted time for marathon and 1/2 marathon - 2:35 and 1:14 respectively. Yes, that somewhat surprised me too!! Then he ran me through a new gym session (my thigh adductors are so weak!) , some core stability work and finally he gave me a 12 week macrocycle. We had a chat re upcoming races and diet - must eat more! Altogether I was there for the best part of 3 hours.

Really helpful and productive session which I would highly recommend. Rory is highly motivational and I left really invigorated, and with a real sense of purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment